Sunday 29 November 2015

Makeup Brand - Makeup Revolution

Hi!

I was initially going to do a makeup review but unfortunately my phone has gone to get fixed (clumsy me) so I have to use my old iPhone and the camera quality isn't very good.
However, I decided to write about one of my all-time favourite drugstore makeup brand - MAKEUP REVOLUTION!
This brand is great for anyone who wants to look great but wants to save some money as well. Their prices start from £1.00 and go up to £8.00 and if you don't believe me...
 I went on all their makeup and did price ascending and it turns out I lied to you - their products actually start from £0.50 but I guess that's just a clearance sale.
For this, I did price descending and you can see that the price is £8.00 like I said. You can also see the contour palette that I really REALLY want - doesn't it remind you of  the ABH Contour Palette except that it's only a fraction of the price?!

I know that most people will be skeptical about this brand but I think that it is great value of money and so far none of their products have left me disappointed. 
Here are some of the reasons why I really love this brand:
  • It is super SUPER affordable
  • Their packaging is just ♥. It looks so professional that you'd never guess that it is a drugstore brand
  • They have some brilliant dupes for high end palettes. I have the Iconic Pro 2 palette which is meant to be a dupe for the Lorac 2 palette and even though I don't have it to compare the two palettes, there's plenty of videos on YouTube as well as blog posts that compare the two palettes
  • Their products just keep on getting better and better. Whenever they release a new products especially eyeshadow palettes, I literally die for them
  • They have something for everyone - makeup,brushes,skincare and they have also released a hair care range!
  • They are based in the UK which I am so grateful for as there are loads of makeup brands that I wish to buy from but they are always in the US :(
  • But don't be upset, they also ship internationally!
This post is going to be super long but I also want to talk about some of the MUR products that have been in my wishlist for ages. There's so many great products and I wish that I can buy them all but I can't. I have picked out a few products that I have fallen in love with:


Now, I didn't really take as much interest in this palette when it first came out, but after watching this video on Makeup Revolution's YouTube channel, I literally fell in love with the colours - they are so beautiful! It was a tough decision choosing between this and Pink Fizz but I decided that I preferred this one more as it is an all in one eye palette for me as the shades can take you from day to night. 


New-trals vs Neutrals Palette - £6.99 
As soon as I saw this palette, I knew that it had to be mine! The colours are gorgeous and I especially love the pinkish colours in the top row. I also love the layout of this palette - the top row is all mattes and the bottom is all shimmers. This eyeshadow palette is great for everyday wear but I think the last two shades in each row are great for changing it up to an evening look.

Ultra Blush and Contour Palette - Sugar and Spice - £6.00
Next up, we have this blush palette. It contains 8 shades all ranging from mattes to shimmers. There are 6 blushes, one baked blusher and also a baked highlighter. As you can see, the shades range from everyday wear to more of a party wear blush. I can always use this palette, whatever the occasion is!

Ultra Sculpt and Blend Collection - £14.99
Finally, we have makeup brushes! These caught my eyes because of how pretty they are. I love black and gold together and I also think that the brushes may actually be rose gold, and if they are, that's even better! I chose the face brushes as I hardly have any face brushes and I have been looking for a makeup sponge and the perfect contour brush. 

These were only some of the products I want, there are still others like the contour palette and the flawless matte palette but I decided to limit myself to only four products.

I can't wait to buy these products and review them!

Are there any Makeup Revolution products that you recommend or that are in your wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment